On a scale of lowest to highest, the state and local effective tax rate for Rhode Island ranks 44th in the nation, according to a new WalletHub.com study of tax burdens imposed by the 50 states and the District of Columbia.
- 1 Shipments of printing climb 1.1 percent in June
- 2 Furniture and home furnishings wholesalers report 8.2 percent increase in year-over-year May inventories
- 3 Shipments of chemical products climb 1 percent in June
- 4 Computer systems design and related services industry posts after-tax income of $2.2 billion in Q1
- 5 Rhode Island ranks 19th lowest in state, local government GDP, study finds
Get the latest business news and updates - delivered right to your inbox
By signing up you agree to receive email newsletters or alerts from Rhode Island Business Daily. You can unsubscribe at any time.